* 400gr minced beef or chicken – I personally prefer beef as it has more flavours
* small amount of button mushroom, sliced thinly
* 2 pcs of garlic, chopped
* small bunch of parsley, finely chopped
* 1 large onion, chopped
* 1 cup
* 300 gr of toasted breadcrumbs
* 4 pcs of egg white
Roux (filling) ingredients:
* 80 gr of butter
* 80 gr of flour
* 3 cups of stock (amount may vary)
* ground white pepper, salt, nutmeg to taste
Directions on how to make Roux:
1. Melt the butter in a pan and leave for a while until slightly brown. Add flour all at once and stir until completely mixed.
2. Keep them on low heat while adding stock/water bit by bit
3. Keep stirring until the mix is smooth and creamy. Set aside
4. On separate pan, melt butter then and cook onion & garlic, minced beef, mushroom and parsley
5. Mix roux and cooked beef together – add salt, pepper, nutmeg and grated cheese. (now this called ragout)
6. Refrigerate for a few hours so it would be easier to shape
7. Shape the ragout mixing into balls of 4cm diameter or long shape of 10 cm
8. Coat with flour, dip into whisked white eggs, then double coat it again with toasted breadcrumbs
9. Deep fry until light golden color. Set aside and drain on paper towel.
The croquettes are best served hot with mustard dipping. Yummie!!!